14 Day Pilot – OLAP Data Workload To Azure Synapse Migration
14 Day Pilot – OLTP Data Workload To Azure Database Migration
- Assess and Identify a small business critical OLAP data workload that can be migrated to Azure Synapse Analytics.
- Objects to be migrated (Maximum possible)
- 1 Fact tables.
- 4 dependent dimension tables.(No SCD)
- 10 dependent data pipelines /data transformation scripts(SPs, functions, views)
- Formulate migration strategy and resolve blockers
- Execute schema, data and code migration to Azure synapse analytics.
- Validate migrated objects and data.
- One Power BI analytical report with maximum of six chart controls and three filters with Azure synapse analytics as source.
- Setup Azure Purview for the migrated objects.
- Any changes to the schema or database objects of the source system.
- Any changes to the data pipelines or the data transformation logic.
- Any issues with data or data quality.
- Environment setup and configuration.
- Any documentation not mentioned in scope
- Any custom development for the migration.
- Performance optimization.
- Maintenance, support and cost optimization
- Business and technology stakeholders would be available to help understand the business-critical data workload and to identify the objects to be migrated.
- Acuvate team would have access to the necessary infrastructure resources for data migration to both source systems and destination system.
- Infrastructure setup would be done as soon as the business kick off is complete.
- Acuvate will be leveraging migration tools by Microsoft or Acuvate’s proprietary tools and accelerators during the migration.
- All project activities would be done from Acuvate’s offshore development centers in India.
14 Day Pilot - Data Migration Approach
(Day 1 and Day 2)
- Analysis of end-to-end requirements
- Assess existing ETL pipelines.
- Assess and Identify tool for historical data migration.
(Day 3 and Day 4)
- Design Data lake architecture.
- Design semantic layer.
- Design automated testing and DataOps with CI/CD.
BUILD & MIGRATE
(Day 5 to Day 11)
- Migrate schema and data to target environment
- Setup Data lake
- Build ELT first load and incremental pipelines
- Build analytical report in Azure synapse workspace
- Setup Azure Purview
(Day 12 and Day 14)
- Leverage scripts generated by Acuvate framework to perform data validation
- Execute the feeds both on Source & Target to validate Code Migration
- Evaluate Results
- Readiness Report
- Solution to Issues
- Migration Strategy
- Design document
- Data Lake
- ELT pipelines.
- Data Warehouse
- Data Catalog
- Power Bi Report
- Test Results
- Azure Data modernization plan
Trusted by the best
200+ enterprises worldwide including several Fortune 500