According to Acosta Research, Trade Promotion spending is one of the consumer goods industry’s largest expenses with costs for major manufacturers ranging from 10 percent to 20 percent of gross sales.
However, according to Nielsen Holdings, 40 percent of CPG trade promotion spending doesn’t drive the desired results.
In the same way, according to CMO Survey, it’s found that the CPG companies allocate the highest percentage of the total company budget to marketing.
In this podcast, we will discuss the common trade promotion pitfalls to avoid and marketing touch points to consider to get the maximum bang for the buck.
- Why do trade promotions hold such great importance for CPG businesses? What are the different factors and its impact on the revenue?
- What are the common pitfalls for trade promotions, why do companies fail in getting the maximum ROI for their trade spend?
- How can Data and AI-Powered analytics help in overcoming these situations?
- Can you brief some case studies and work Acuvate has done around Post Promotion Analytics?
- Just like Trade Promotions, CPG companies invest a lot in Marketing but face challenges in realizing the full ROI. What are some common pitfalls for them and can you give an example of the work Acuvate has done in that space?
- What are some important touch points CPG marketers need to consider?
- How can Data and AI-Powered analytics help leverage these touch points?
- What is your parting tip for promotion and marketing teams to getting started?