Secure buy-in from senior management/administration can be considered challenging for anyone looking to adopt new technology, as it often calls for major cultural changes and innovation in the workplace. It’s not simply making a purchase and turning the project switch ‘on’ – stakeholders must be deeply committed.
Getting endorsement from an organization is not only the reason to put the time in winning over stakeholders. When coming to intranet implementation, you need face the additional difficulty of engaging for significant investment in terms of time and resource or financial budget and frequent difficulty in measuring ROI.
Getting management on board plays a critical part in protecting against project risks, overrun in time or budget, adoption rate etc., in the organization. State the potential effect an intranet can have on your organization in motivating and engaging employees, to ensure organizations get effective outcome using your new intranet.
Sample table for what factors impact major stakeholders of an intranet project:
|Financial Officer||Cost / ROI|
- Financial Reporting.
- Budget Planning.
- Manage Return on investment.
- Financial Projections.
- Ensure Compliance.
|Executive Officer||Business Growth and Outcomes|
- Business growth and Sustain the existing business.
- Client relationship.
- Determine and deliver business strategic direction.
- Providing necessary resources.
- Manage and direct company performance.
|HR Officer||Employee engagement, Talent management, Workplace Culture|
- Recruitment and retention of employees.
- Training and development.
- Establish communication and collaboration in the business culture.
- Enhance employee engagement and develop strong employer brand.
- Compensation and Benefits.
|Technology Officer||Security Cost/return Strategy and policy|
- Creating a vision of what is possible in leveraging technology.
- Development of internal systems and processes.
- Aligning technology with business strategies.
- Adopting new solutions and Modernizing legacy applications
- Ensure quality, performance, data security and usage policy.
- IT Cost management and investment.